Virat Kohli, the name we all are familiar with. Even if you are not a cricket person, this name is very popular among everyone. Virat Kohli is now the captain of Indian cricket team. He is one of the most loved captains. He is famous not only for his cricket skills, but for his physique, controversies and of course records in cricket. Today we will discuss all the important details of Virat Kohli including his height, weight, girlfriends, parents, earnings, career and much more.
1. Personal details:
|Full name||Virat Kohli|
|Names Earned||Run Machine|
|Father’s name||Late Prem Kohli (Criminal Lawyer)|
|Mother’s name||Saroj Kohli (Homemaker)|
|Siblings||Bhawna Kohli (Sister)
Vikas Kohli (Brother)
|Birth place||Delhi, India|
|Age (till 2020)||32 years|
|Married To||Anushka Sharma (Actress)|
|Children||Vamika (Daughter) born on 11.01.2021|
|Education||Higher secondary education|
2. Physical statistics:
|Height (approx.)||5 feet 9 inches (175 cms)|
|Weight (approx.)||70 kgs (174 lbs)|
|Chest measurement (approx.)||Unknown|
|Waist measurement (approx.)||Unknown|
|Biceps measurement (approx.)||Unknown|
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Best in||Top order batsman|
|Coach||Raj Kumar Sharma|
|Net worth||INR 400 crores|
|Salary||INR 288 crores power annum|
|Batting style||Right-handed batsman|
|Bowling style||Right-arm medium bowler|
|International ODI debut||Played on 18.08.2008 at Dambulla, against Sri Lanka|
|International Test series debut||Played on 20.06.20011 at Kingston, against West Indies|
|International T-20 series debut||Played on 12.06.2010 at Harare against Zimbabwe|
|IPL teams||Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)|
- Virat Kohli is the fastest Indian to complete 1000, 3000, 4000, 5000 and 7500 runs in ODI.
- He is the fastest to score 10000 runs (ODI) in 205 innings.
- In 2013, Virat scored the fastest century in 52 balls against Australia.
- He is the first Indian cricketer who scored century in his World cup (2011) debut.
- After Don Bradman and Ricky Ponting, Virat is the third person in international cricket to score 3 double centuries in a calendar year.
- After Rahul Dravid, he is the only Indian cricketer to score 1000 test runs in a year.
- After Sachin Tendulkar and Suresh Raina, Virat scored 2 centuries in ODI till the age of 22.
- He is the fastest to score 25 ODI tons.
- He is the first Indian skipper to record 5 consecutive Test wins.
- He scored 235 runs in a Test series which is the highest by any Indian Captain.
- He is the first Indian to score 3 consecutive hundreds in ODI.
- He is the first Indian skipper to record 9 Test wins in a calendar year.
- He is the highest run scorer Indian Captain, 11208 runs in 199 innings. He surpassed MS Dhoni who scored 11207 runs in 330 innings.
- Virat is the fastest player to score 19000 runs in international cricket.
- He scored 937 runs in IPL 2016, which is the highest to be aborted in one season.
- He is the first Indian skipper to score double centuries in overseas Test series.
- In 2013, Virat received the Arjuna Award.
- Virat was appointed as the first brand ambassador of BSF.
- He was awarded with the fourth highest civilian award, Padma Shri in 2017.
- Virat was awarded with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2018.
- He was ICC player of the year in 2012, 2017 and 2018.
- He was awarded with ICC Spirit of the cricket in 2019.
- He received Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Men’s cricketer of the decade (2011-2020).
- Got awarded with Wisden leading cricketer in the world for the year 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- He was the CEAT international cricketer of the year for 2011-2012, 2013-2014 and 2018-2019.
- On 12.09.2019 a stand was named after Virat Kohli in the Arun Jaitley stadium.
6. Interesting facts about Virat Kohli:
- At the young age of 3, Virat got his interest in Cricket.
- He always wanted to be a cricketer and never thought of opting any other profession.
- When he was 9 years old, his father admitted him in West Delhi cricket academy.
- Virat always hated Mathematics, and had a good interest in History.
- In 2003 at Polly Umrigar Trophy, young Virat was awarded by Ashish Nehra for scoring highest runs (172).
- Virat turned vegetarian in 2019 after medical recommendation.
- His favourite batsmen are Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle, David Warner, Joe Root and Shane Watson.
- His favourite bowler is Shane Warner.
- Virat loves to play against Pakistan and Australia.
- He is very superstitious, as he wears Kada and black wrist bands.
- Virat has a very aggressive on field nature.
- He loves Swiss Tennis and admires Roger Federer a lot.
- Virat loves singing, dancing and travelling.
- Virat is very much conscious about workout and maintains his body.
- He is very fond of Tattoos as well.
- Virat has a phobia of heights.
This was Virat Kohli Biography. Virat is a determined cricketer. His passion and love for cricket is immense. He never thought of any back up career plan. He received a lot of recognition at a very young age. With his hard work and dedication, he took Indian cricket team to great heights. Hope a success and good health for him.