Umesh Yadav is a well known name in the field of cricket. He has shown his talent in all the forms of cricket and that too at national and international levels. Umesh Yadav is a significant asset in the international Test cricket for Team India. He is also involved in IPL from last 8 years. Today, we will be sharing all the details about his personal life, height, weight, age, wife, career and much more.
Umesh Yadav Biography
1. Personal details:
|Full name||Umesh Kumar Tilak Yadav (Babloo)|
|Father’s name||Tilak Yadav|
|Mother’s name||Late Kishori Devi|
|Siblings||Ramesh Yadav (Brother)|
|Birth place||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Age (till 2020)||33 years|
|Hometown||Pokharbhinda Lala, Govindpur, Deoria, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Wife’s name||Tanya Wadhwa (Fashion Designer)|
|Girlfriends (Affairs)||Tanya Wadhwa (Fashion Designer)|
|Children||Blessed with a baby girl on 01.01.2020|
|Education||Government Higher Secondary School, Walani|
Umesh Yadav’s father was a Coal mine worker at Khaperkheda, Nagpur, Maharashtra. His childhood was not so easy. Financial crisis was there. He studied at government school. He had one more elder brother and sister, whose details are unknown. He has struggled a lot to reach this place. His love and dedication for the game is immense and commendable.
Initially Umesh wasted too join Army, but was rejected twice. Later he applied for Police Constable, faced rejection there as well. Then he decided to make career from his hobby, Cricket.
2. Physical statistics:
|Height (approx.)||5 feet 10 inches (178 cms)|
|Weight (approx.)||75 kgs (165 lbs)|
|Chest measurement (approx.)||Unknown|
|Waist measurement (approx.)||Unknown|
|Biceps measurement (approx.)||Unknown|
|Bowling style||Fast bowler|
|International Test debut||India Vs West Indies at Delhi on 06.11.2011|
|International ODI debut||India Vs Zimbabwe at Bulawayo on 28.04.2010|
|International T-20 debut||India Vs Sri Lanka at Pallekele on 07.08.2012|
|Coach and Mentor||Subroto Banerjee and Pritam Ghande|
Umesh Yadav has bagged several records on his name in the international as well as domestic form of cricket. Here are few of the important mentions:-
- 1st player from Vidarbha team (Maharashtra) to play in Team India.
- Against Sri Lanka, Umesh has delivered the fastest bowling with a speed of 155.5 km/hr.
- In ICC World cup 2015, he has taken about 18 wickets, which is the highest.
5. Interesting facts about Umesh Yadav:
- Umesh has faced a lot of financial crises, as they didn’t have enough money for his mother’s treatment, who died of diabetes.
- Umesh wanted to join the Army, but he was rejected twice.
- He also tried for a Police Constable job, but was rejected there as well.
- Umesh started playing cricket, as a hobby, but later he started playing on some local tournaments, which built a confidence in him for the game.
- He got the limelight when he played for Air India in 2008.
- He wanted to complete his bachelor’s in Commerce, but due to time availability issues for cricket, he didn’t do that.
- He got a chance to play for Vidarbha Gymkhana and he did well in that.
- In the 2008 Duleep Trophy, he took the wickets of Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman.
- In the Australia series, he took 14 wickets.
- Initially he started his IPL with Delhi Daredevils and then he played for Kolkata Knight riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore. But after 8 years he is back with Delhi Capitals for a base price of Rs. 1.