Umar Akmal Full Biography
It might not be wrong if we call him a “rising star lost in controversies”. Born in a cricketing family, Umar Akmal adapts to cricket very early. His u-19 performances took him directly to the international arena. Due to his immense talent and aggressive approach, everyone was expecting him to be the next great thing in Pakistan cricket. He got fame very quickly and get down in the same manner. Just in his 6th first-class match, he smashed 248 off just 225 deliveries followed by unbeaten 186 in the 8th match which grabbed the eyeballs of selectors, and hence they added him in the Test squad for the tour of New Zealand.
In his debut test match against New Zealand, Umar Akmal scores 129 runs from 160 balls and announces his arrival at International cricket. Followed up by the ODI century on debut against Sri Lanka in the next series. Due to his aggressive nature, he was in the top demand for t20 leagues around the world like BBL, CPL, BPL, PSL, SLPL, and many more. Making his name slowly and gradually, it was the time when his downfall started and within a matter of 2-3 years, he was completely outshined and unable to perform well. It was a time when he was being compared to Indian Virat Kohli. Being in and out from the national side, Umar completely lost his shine and kept himself involved in controversies.
Umar Akmal Basic Information
- Name: Umar Akmal
- Nickname: Umar
- Role: wicket-keeper batsman
- Batting Style: Right-hand bat
- Bowling Style: Right-arm off-break
Umar Akmal Physical Appearance
- Height (approx.): 5ft 9 inch
- Weight (approx.): 76 kg
- Eye Colour: Brown
- Hair Colour: Black
Personal Life of Umar Akmal
- Date of Birth:26 May 1990
- Age: 31 years
- Birth Place: Lahore, Pakistan
- Zodiac sign: Gemini
- Nationality: Pakistani
- School: n/a
- Educational Qualifications: matric
- Net Worth:$ 1-3 million approx.
Umar Akmal Family & Religion
- Father: Muhammad Akmal
- Mother: n/a
- Brother: Adnan Akmal, Kamran Akmal
- Sister: n/a
- Spouse: Noor Amna
- Coach/Mentor: Aqib Javed
- Religion: Islam
- Address: Lahore, Pakistan
Cricket Career of Umar Akmal
- Test: New Zealand vs Pakistan at Dunedin – November 24 – 28, 2009
- ODI: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka at Dambulla – August 01, 2009
- T20: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka at Colombo (RPS) – August 12, 2009
- Jersey Number: 96
- Domestic/State Teams: Pakistan, Balochistan, Habib Bank Limited, Karachi Harbour, Lahore Blues, Leicestershire, Lahore Whites, Lahore Lions, Trinbago Knight Riders, Punjab Badshahs, Quetta Gladiators, Lahore Qalandars, Rajshahi Royals,
- Nature on the field: Aggressive
Highlighted Records of Umar Akmal
- Umar Akmal holds a record of making a century in the debut test matches.
- He also holds the record of making his maiden centuries abroad, both in test and one-day matches.
Umar Akmal Preferences & Hobbies
- Hobbies: Travelling and singing
- Favorite Cricketers: Babar Azam
- Most Favorite Sportspersons: Shahid Afridi
- Favorite Food: Paaye
- Favorite Color: yellow
Umar Akmal Relationship Status
- Marital Status: married
- Wife: Noor Amna
- Marriage Date: 16-4-2014
- Children: Harleen Umar
Umar Akmal Awards and Recognitions
Controversies did by Umar Akmal
- Umar Akmal has rather a very controversial career and has a bad reputation off the field.
The All Out Cricket Post Interview of Umar Akmal
Lesser-Known Facts About Umar Akmal
- He holds the record for scoring the second most number of ducks in Twenty 20 cricket history with 26 ducks.
- Akmal was picked for the Sydney Sixers for the 2012-13 Big Bash but did not play a game.
- In 2014 he married Noor Amna, the daughter of Pakistan’s leg-spinner Abdul Qadir.
Checkout Biographies Of Popular Cricketers
- South Africa Cricketers Biography
- England Cricketers Biography
- Australia Cricketers Biography
- NewZealand Cricketers Biography
- Bangladesh Cricketers Biography
- Pakistan Cricketers Biography
- West Indies Cricketers Biography
Section: Cricketer Biography – Pakistan Cricketers Biography