Suresh Raina is a renowned and respected name in cricket. Raina was one of the lower middle order batsman. He played all the 3 formats of cricket and showed off his immense talent in them. His amazing fielding skills, made him very popular. He declared his retirement along with MS Dhoni. Today we will discuss about Suresh Raina Biography. This article will cover all the important information including his age, height, weight, parents, girlfriends, wife, records, and many more things.
1. Personal details:
|Full name||Suresh Raina|
|Father’s name||Tirlokchand Raina (Retired Army officer)|
|Mother’s name||Parvesh Raina|
|Siblings||Renu Raina (Sister)
Naresh Raina (Brother)
Dinesh Raina (Brother)
Mukesh Raina (Brother)
|Birth place||Muradnagar, Ghaziabad, UP, India|
|Age (till 2020)||34 years|
|Hometown||Rajnagar, Ghaziabad, UP, India|
|Married To||Priyanka Chaudhary|
|Children||Garcia Raina (Daughter)
Rio Raina (Son)
|College||Government Sports college, Lucknow, UP, India|
2. Physical statistics:
|Height (approx.)||5 feet 9 inches (175 cms)|
|Weight (approx.)||73 kgs (161 lbs)|
|Chest measurement (approx.)||Unknown|
|Waist measurement (approx.)||Unknown|
|Biceps measurement (approx.)||Unknown|
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Net worth||$ 25 million|
|Batting style||Left-handed batsman|
|Bowling style||Right-arm off break bowler|
|Best shots||Pull shot|
|International ODI debut||Played on 30.07.2005 at Dambulla, against Sri Lanka|
|International Test series debut||Played on 26.07.2010 at Colombo, against Sri Lanka|
|International T-20 series debut||Played on 01.12.2006 at Johannesburg against South Africa|
|International ODI last match||Played on 17.07.2018 at Headingley, against England|
|International Test series last match||Played on 06.01.2015 at Sydney Cricket ground, against Australia|
|International T-20 series last match||Played on 08.07.2018 at County ground against England|
|Declared international retirement on||15.08.2020|
|Domestic teams||Uttar Pradesh|
- Suresh Raina is the first Indian cricketer to score centuries in all the three formats of cricket.
- Till 2016, he was the only and first cricketer to score more than 400 runs in all editions of IPL.
- He is the first player to score 3000 runs in IPL.
- Suresh has played most number of ODIs in his career before playing the Test series.
- He is the second youngest player to be selected as a skipper in the Indian cricket team.
- He is the first Indian cricketer and second in the world to hot 100 sixes in the IPL.
- He is the third batsman in the world to hit century in the T-20 match.
5. Interesting facts about Suresh Raina:
- Suresh stayed at hostel in his childhood.
- His father gifted him the first bat of his life in 1998.
- He started playing cricket for his Sports college in Lucknow in 1999.
- He played Ranji Trophy at the age of 16.
- In his debut ODI, against Sri Lanka, he was out for a Golden Duck.
- In his Test match debut, he scored a century.
- Raina has a habit of collecting bats, till now he has a collection of more than 250 bats.
- Suresh is very fond of traveling, paragliding, water sports and snorkeling.
- Apart from cricket, Suresh loves playing football and basketball.
- His favourite batsmen are Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni.
- His favourite bowlers are Glenn McGrath, Muttiah Muralitharan and Brett Lee.
- Suresh own Porsche Boxster and Mini Cooper cars.
- His loves Sukoon Mila song from Mary Kom movie.
- Suresh loves to sing and can play saxophone.
- Raina has sung a song in Bollywood movie, Meeruthiya Gangsters, “Tu Mili Sab Mila”.
- His best friends are Shikhar Dhawan and Ravindra Jadeja.
- Suresh Raina doesn’t smoke.
So, this was Suresh Raina Biography. His contributing to cricket is praise worthy. He has played very calmly on the field. His calmness made him popular and lovable amongst his team. He always cheers up his team mates. He is the perfect example of their sportsman spirit. He has started a welfare Foundation on the name of his daughter, Garcia-Raina Foundation. This trust is taken care by his wife, Priyanka Chaudhary. Suresh is a very kind and humble person both on field and off the field. Wish him a good luck for his future.