PRE INFO: After an emphatic start to their ICC World Test Championship, hosts Sri Lanka look to seal a series win as they face New Zealand in the second and final Test, starting 22nd August in Colombo. A sensational Dimuth Karunaratne hundred in the fourth innings saw Sri Lanka cruise to a comfortable victory in the end, even though the Kiwis did challenge them in certain junctures of the match.
- Sri Lanka vs New Zealand, 2nd Test22-26 August 2019, 10:00 AM IST
P Sara Oval, Colombo
Top 10 Fantasy Cricket Apps List To Download – Click Here
- Temperature: 28 °c
- Wind: 8 km/h SSW
- Rain(%): 0%
- Visibility: 19.8 km
P Sara Oval City Colombo Country Sri Lanka Also or previously Known as P Saravanamuttu Stadium, Colombo Oval, P Saravanamuttu Stadium First Test Match 17/02/1982 Last Test Match 14/03/2017 Matches Played 21 Matches Won by Home Side 9 (42.86%) Matches Won by Touring Side 7 (33.33%) Matches Won by Neutral Side 1 (4.76%) Matches Drawn 4 (19.05%) Matches Tied 0 (0.00%) Highest Individual Innings 274* S P Fleming 2002-2003 Sri Lanka v New Zealand Best Bowling (Innings) 7/94 S K Warne 2002-2003 Pakistan v Australia Best Bowling (Match) 12/225 M Muralitharan 2006-2007 Sri Lanka v South Africa Highest Team Innings 541/9 dec Sri Lanka 2002-2003 v Bangladesh Lowest Team Innings 62 Bangladesh 2007-2008 v Sri Lanka Highest Run Chase Achieved 352/9 Sri Lanka 2006-2007 v South Africa Average Opening Stand (Runs) 28.87 Average Runs per Wicket 31.88 Average Runs per Over 3.07
SL vs NZ WC Squad
Dimuth Karunaratne (c), Angelo Mathews, Dinesh Chandimal, Lahiru Thirimanne, Kusal Mendis, Kusal Perera, Niroshan Dickwella, Dhananjaya De Silva, Akila Dananjaya, L Embuldeniya, Suranga Lakmal, Lahiru Kumara, Oshada Fernando, Lakshan Sandakan, Vishwa Fernando
Kane Williamson (c), Todd Astle, Tom Blundell, Trent Boult, Colin de Grandhomme, Tom Latham, Henry Nicholls, Ajaz Patel, Jeet Raval, Will Somerville, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Neil Wagner, BJ Watling
NZ vs SL Head-to-Head Records
Total – 34
NZ – 15
SL – 08
NR – 9
NZ vs SL Probable Playing XI:
- Williamson (C),
- Watling (WK),
- Karunaratne (C),
- Dhananjaya de Silva,
- Dickwella (WK),
Sign up On HalaPlay Fantasy App To Get Free Rs.100 – Click Here
SL vs NZ Team News:
- Akila Dananjaya and Kane Williamson have been reported for suspect bowling actions. While Williamson’s participation is a sure shot one since he is a part-timer, chances of Akila playing the contest is also high.
- New Zealand shouldn’t be making many changes to their set-up although better performances are in order. Kane Williamson wasn’t able to make a mark in the first Test and would love to come good this game.
- Sri Lanka should field the same set of players for this game as well. Their trio of spinners was on song with Akila Dhananjaya, Dhananjaya de Silva and Lasith Embuldeniya accounting for thirteen wickets in the previous game.
SL vs NZ Dream11 Fantasy Cricket Tips:
- Three very talented keepers are available for the taking with BJ Watling scoring a fifty in the first Test. Although any one of the three options would suffice, Kusal Perera is the preferred option given his form over the last year or so.
- Dimuth Karunaratne put in a Man Of The Match performance in the first Test and should be picked in the fantasy side for this game as well. Along with the Sri Lanka captain, one of Kusal Mendis and Angelo Mathews should suffice from the Sri Lankan roster.
- New Zealand captain Kane Williamson threw his wicket on both occasions but should do well in this crucial Test while Tom Latham’s gritty batting style makes him a good option.
- Dhananjaya de Silva is a must-have in the fantasy side with his off-spin also bound to come into play. Although he wasn’t able to make an impact, Mitchell Santner should bounce back with the pitch also suiting him in Colombo.
- Spinners are preferred in the bowling unit with the likes of Ajaz Patel and Lasith Embuldeniya being ones to watch out for in this Test match. With a good number of left-handers in the Sri Lankan side, Will Somerville is also a viable option while Suranga Lakmal and Trent Boult could also pick a good number of wickets with their ability to swing the ball being well-documented.
Captain & Vice Captain Choice For Dream11 Teams:
Captain – Dimuth Karunaratne, Kane Williamson, Akila Dananjaya
Vice-Captain – Ross Taylor, Ajaz Patel, Kusal Mendis
Predicted Winner For Todays Match
Newzeland is a strong team but Srilanka played like lions in the first test.
NZ vs SL Dream11 Team for today’s match
SL vs NZ Dream11 Team for small league
SL vs NZ Dream11 Team for small league
While selecting your team, consider the points and make your own decision and make sure to edit the team if there is some change after the toss when playing xi is announced. Make Your NZ vs SL dream11 team Now by above prediction!