The Tokyo Olympics have been the most successful Olympics for India. We have seen so many emerging talents, who eagerly want to mark a place for India in the Olympics. We all are aware of cricket because that’s the most popular sport in India. We would be hardly keen to know about athletics. After the Tokyo Olympics, I’m pretty sure that the youth of the country would take interest in athletics and we already have an inspiration for that, Neeraj Chopra.
Neeraj Chopra has made the country proud by winning a gold medal at Tokyo Olympics in Javelin’s throw. Everyone is eager to know about his journey and personal life. Here we are with personal and professional details of Neeraj Chopra.
Neeraj Chopra Personal details
|Full name||Neeraj Chopra|
|Father’s name||Satish Kumar Chopra|
|Mother’s name||Saroj Devi|
|Siblings||Sangeeta and Sarita (Sister)|
|Birth place||Khandra village, Panipat, Haryana, India|
|Age (till 2020)||23 years|
|Hometown||Khandra village, Panipat, Haryana, India|
|College||DAV College, Chandigarh, India|
|University||Krukshetra University, Haryana, India|
Neeraj Chopra Physical statistics
|Height (approx.)||5 feet 11 inches (180 cms)|
|Weight (approx.)||86 kgs (189 lbs)|
Neeraj Chopra Career
|Profession||Javelin thrower and Junior Commissioned Officer|
Interesting facts about Neeraj Chopra:-
- Initially, Neeraj was a vegetarian but later turned into a Non-vegetarian.
- His father was a farmer and he belongs to a joint family of 17 members.
- He likes to play virtual games like Javelin master 2, Asphalt, and Brothers in arms.
- His favorite movie is the Rocky series.
- He used to be a very fat kid and because of him being overweight, his uncle Bheem Singh pushed him to play Javelin.
- In 2016 he was appointed as a Junior Commissioned Officer in the Indian army.
- He loves bike riding and owns a Harley Davidson motorcycle.
- Neeraj loves animals.
Neeraj Chopra has made the country proud by achieving such great success in the Tokyo Olympics. He is an inspiration for the young generations, who want to pursue their dreams in athletics and sports. His journey is remarkable. We wish him good health and success.