MS Dhoni is a well known Indian international cricketer. He has earned a lot of popularity and fame in his career. He is known as the “Captain Cool”. He gained the love and respect of Indian as well international cricket fans. In this article today we will discuss the biography of MS Dhoni in detail.
1. Personal details:
|Full name||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Nicknames||Mahi, MSD, Thala, Captain Cool|
|Father’s name||Pan Singh Dhoni|
|Mother’s name||Devki Devi|
|Siblings||Jayanti Gupta (Sister)
Narendra Singh Dhoni (Brother)
|Birth place||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|Age (till 2020)||39 years|
|Hometown||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|Married To||Sakshi Singh Rawat (now Sakshi Dhoni)|
|Children||Ziva Dhoni (Daughter)|
|School||DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Jharkhand, India|
|College||St. Xavier’s College, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
2. Physical statistics:
|Height (approx.)||5 feet 9 inches (175 cms)|
|Weight (approx.)||75 kgs (165 lbs)|
|Chest measurement (approx.)||42 inches|
|Waist measurement (approx.)||32 inches|
|Biceps measurement (approx.)||14 inches|
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Best in||Wicket Keeping|
|Net worth||$ 103 million|
|Salary||INR 15 crores (IPL)|
|Batting style||Right-handed batsman|
|Bowling style||Right-arm fast-medium bowler|
|International ODI debut||Played on 23.12.2004 at Chittagong, against Bangladesh|
|International Test series debut||Played on 02.12.2005 at Chennai against Sri Lanka|
|International T-20 series debut||Played on 01.12.2006 at Johannesburg against South Africa|
|International ODI last match||Played on 09.07.2019 at Emirates Old Trafford against New Zealand|
|International Test series last match||Played on 26.12.2014 at Melbourne against Australia|
|International T-20 series last match||Played on 27.02.2019 at The Wanderers Stadium against South Afric|
|Declared international retirement on||15.08.2020|
- Team India won major tournaments in all the three formats of cricket under his captaincy, ODI World Cup 2011, T-20 World Cup 2007, Champions Trophy 2013 and No. 1 Test ranking for 18 months from 2009-2011.
- He has scored most of the sixes in Cricket as a captain.
- He has won most of the T-20 matches as a captain.
- He is the first Indian Wicket-keeper batsman to score 4000 runs in Test matches.
- Scored most centuries in ODI and it at No. 7.
- He has done most stumpings in international cricket.
- He is the only skipper to score a century in ODI, even at No. 7 playing position.
- Dhoni has scored 183 runs in ODI, which is the highest by any Wicket-keeper.
- He has done bowling most of the times in international cricket, while he was playing as a Wicket-keeper.
- Dhoni has scored 224 runs in a Test match, which is the maximum by an Indian captain.
- He is the 3rd skipper to be the Captain in more than 300 international matches after Ricky Ponting and Stephen Fleming.
- He has a record of 33 stumpings in 91 T-20 matches.
- Mahi is the only skipper who was a Captain in more than 50 matches in all the three formats of cricket.
- He is the only Indian captain to win a Test series against New Zealand.
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna (2007)
- Padma Shri (2009)
- Padma Bhushan (2018)
- MTV youth icon of the year (2006)
- ICC ODI player of the year (2008 and 2009)
- CNN-IBN Indian of the year in Sports (2011)
- ICC award for Spirit of cricket (2011)
6. Interesting facts about MS Dhoni:
- Mahi was born in a middle class family. His father was a MECON worker.
- He scored 65% in his 10th class examination.
- Initially, Dhoni wanted to be a batsmen, but KR Banerjee, asked him to do wicket keeping.
- During 2002, when Mahi was trying hard to enter into Team India, he lost his love Priyanka Jha in an accident.
- He constantly worked hard and played for Bihar from 1999-2003, but unfortunately he was not being recognised by the East Zone Selector.
- Mahi also worked as a ticket collector at Kharagpur railway station from 2001-2003.
- In his ODI debut, he was out for a duck ball.
- His career got a turning point after his performance during the Tri-nation tournament in 2003-2004, with Kenya and Pakistan A. He scored 362 runs in 6 matches. His average speed was 72.40.
- Mahi likes to play against Pakistan and Australia.
- He is very calm on the field.
- His hobbies are swimming, biking, playing football and tennis.
- Sachin Tendulkar and Adam Gilchrist are his favourite batsmen.
- In bowling he is very fond of Glenn McGrath and Brett Lee.
- He is the highest tax payer sportsperson from 2012-2014.
- Mahi loves pet dogs and he has two, a Labrador and an Alsatian.
- Mahi has an amazing collection of bikes and cars.
- He owns a fashion brand, Seven with Rhiti group.
This is all about the biography of our favourite Captain Cool, MS Dhoni. He is one of previous gems Indian cricket had. People loved his performance and his calmness on the field. Indian team earned a good height of praise and respect during his captaincy. Wish him a good health and a lot of love from his fans.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.