INFO: The second eliminator of the VIVO Indian Premier League 2019 will see a young Delhi Capitals side take on the defending champions Chennai Super Kings at the ACA-VDCA Stadium, in Vizag. The winner of this fixture will face Mumbai Indians in the IPL final scheduled to be held on Sunday. having lost their last two games, the other one coming against Kings XI Punjab (KXI), CSK would a tad low on confidence. The Capitals are coming off a win versus the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH).
The Qualifier 2 of the IPL between CSK and DC will be hosted by the Dr Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium in Visakhapatnam.
The match starts at 07:30 PM local time.
31 ℃, 86% Humidity, Winds up to 21 km/hr. Outside chances of rain.
Last five completed T20 matches: (Most recent- first)
Chennai Super Kings – L, L, W, L, W
Delhi Capitals – W, L, W, W, W
Only one game in IPL 2019:
DC won by 2 wickets
Head to Head:
Total Matches Played: 20
Last 5 Matches:
Last Match: 1 May 2019: CSK (179-4, 20 overs) beat DC (99, 16.2 overs) by 80 runs, Chennai
Man of the Match: MS Dhoni (44 off 22)
Squads ( DC vs CSK)
Chennai Super Kings:
Mahendra Singh Dhoni(C), Suresh Raina, Shane Watson, Ambati Rayudu, Kedhar Jadhav, Dhruv Shorey, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Sam Billings, David Willey, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Faf du Plessis, Karn Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir, Mitchell Santner, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Mohit Sharma, Monu Kumar, KM Asif, Murali Vijay, Chaitanya Bishnoi, N Jagadeesan, Scott Kuggeleijn
Shreyas Iyer (C), Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Rishabh Pant, Colin Ingram, Axar Patel, Manjot Kalra, Chris Morris, Hanuma Vihari, Keemo Paul, Sherfane Rutherford, Kagiso Rabada, Trent Boult, Rahul Tewatia, Harshal Patel, Colin Munro, Ankush Bains, Amit Mishra, Sandeep Lamichhane, Avesh Khan, Ishant Sharma, Bandaru Ayyappa, J Suchith
In the erstwhile contest, SRH and DC had a combined tally of over 320 runs and hence, it’s pretty evident that run-making isn’t all that difficult on this deck. Nevertheless, the spinners were tough to get away and both Rashid Khan and Amit Mishra showed it.
Players Recent Form:
- MS Dhoni: 13 Matches, 405 Runs
- Rishabh Pant: 15 Matches, 450 Runs
- Shikhar Dhawan: 15 Matches, 503 Runs
- Imran Tahir: 15 Matches, 23 Wickets
Going by the pitching record, chasing seems to be the better option on this ground with 5 of the 7 winning teams playing second.
Team News ( DC vs CSK)
- CSK received a major blow after veteran batting all-rounder Kedar Jadhav was ruled out of last match because of shoulder injury. There is no news on his fitness.
- Murali Vijay is expected to play instead of Kedhar Jadhav.
- Kagiso Rabada will be absent for the rest of the season.
- Delhi can play with one extra spinner
- Chennai Team is expected to be unchanged
Fantasy Tips and Suggestions:
- Inspite of Dhoni’s ability to finish the innings, it should be Rishabh Pant who should get the nod over the veteran with Imran Tahir and Ravindra Jadeja bowling into him. An adept player of spin, Pant should be able to get the better of them on what is a slow wicket in Vizag.
- Imran Tahir stands second in the wicket-takers charts with 23 scalps and should add more to his tally against Delhi Capitals. Along with him, Deepak Chahar and Amit Mishra are also great options while one of Keemo Paul or Trent Boult should round off the fantasy team.
- Dwayne Bravo could also be elected as one and backed to spring back into form on Friday.
- Axar Patel and Ravindra Jadeja are also viable options to complete Bravo in the fantasy team.
- Ambati Rayudu should make good use of the conditions in Vizag as well. One of Shreyas Iyer or Prithvi Shaw should suffice as the final batting option.
Captain and Vice-Captain Selection:
Captain Options: Faf du Plessis, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer,
Vice-Captain Options: Prithvi Shaw, Imran Tahir, Rishabh Pant
Probable Playing XI (DC vs CSK)
Chennai Super Kings
- Shane Watson
- Faf du Plessis
- Suresh Raina
- Murali Vijay
- Ambati Rayudu
- MS Dhoni (C & wk)
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Dwayne Bravo
- Deepak Chahar
- Harbhajan Singh
- Imran Tahir
update: there can be changes in opening squads
- Prithvi Shaw
- Shikhar Dhawan
- Shreyas Iyer (C)
- Rishabh Pant (wk)
- Colin Munro/Colin Ingram
- Sherfane Rutherford
- Keemo Paul
- Axar Patel
- Amit Mishra
- Trent Boult
- Ishant Sharma
updates: DC Can go with the same squads
5 Fantasy Websites Where I Prefer to play- Click Here
- BalleBaazi – Click Here
- Fantain – Click Here
- My11Circle – Click Here
- Fantasy Power 11 – Click Here
- HalaPlay – Click Here
DC vs CSK Dream11 Teams Todays Match
While selecting your team, consider the points and make your own decision and make sure to edit the team if there is some change after the toss when playing xi is announced. So, taking the help from above post make MI vs CSK Dream11 Team