INFO: Australia dominated the international cricket arena after 2017. Since the start of 2017, the side struggled across formats, particularly in the ODIs. But in the last few months, the fortunes have changed for the team. They defeated strong teams like India and Pakistan playing away from home. As they take on a depleted Sri Lanka in their next practice game, the Kangaroos will want to continue their dominance and register a big win this time. For the Asian team, their young batsmen need to step up. If they can do well against a strong Aussie bowling line-up, they will enter the World Cup as a confident unit.
The 7th warmup game of the ICC World Cup 2019 will be played between Australia and Sri Lanka at the Rose Bowl in Southampton.
The match starts at 10:30 am
Bristol and Southampton witnessed two of the three high scoring ODIs ever hosted by England earlier this month. However, the same pitches were quite dry in the warm-up games. The game between Australia and England in Southampton saw 280+ scored matches by both the teams.
Aaron Finch (C), David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Steven Smith, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Carey (WK), Kane Richardson, Pat Cummins, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Mitchell Starc, Jason Behrendorff, Adam Zampa, Nathan Lyon.
Dimuth Karunaratne (C), Avishka Fernando, Lahiru Thirimanne, Angelo Mathews, Dhananjaya de Silva, Isuru Udana, Milinda Siriwardana, Thisara Perera, Jeevan Mendis, Kusal Perera, Kusal Mendis, Vandersay Jeffrey, Lasith Malinga, Suranga Lakmal, Nuwan Pradeep.
Steve Smith has been consistent in Australian colours since his return. He has scored 75+ in each of the last four one-day games played this month for the Aussies. He scored 89 not out and unbeaten 91 in the last two matches for Australia XI against the New Zealand XI. Smith followed it with a 76-run knock against the Windies in the unofficial warm-up and a well compiled 116 on Saturday against the hosts.
Captain and Vice-Captain Selection:
David Warner, Steve Smith
Dimuth Karunaratne ,Kusal Mendis
AUS vs SL Team News:
- Both of teams will try their bench
- Lasith Malinga didn’t take part of the ODI against Sri Lanka neither bowled in the first warm-up. The veteran pacer might preserve himself for the main tournament.
- Australia might not rest Smith as the former Aussie captain didn’t have much match time as this level
- Avishka Fernando twisted his ankle.
- Isuru Udana got hit on his right arm.
Aus vs SL Fantasy cricket Tips:
- Ever since he made his comeback from the elbow injury, David Warner has looked a completely different individual. He looks determined and is hungry for runs more than ever. Despite playing only 12 games, he scored 692 runs in IPL 2019 and finished as the Orange Cap winner. He is due for a big score in Australian colours. Warner scored 43 runs against England and his aim will surely be the triple figure mark when he faces Sri Lanka.
- If are looking for someone to pick as your captain from the Sri Lankan team, it should be Angelo Mathews. He is the most experienced batsman in the side and is reliable in the middle order. He has got a good amount of experience playing in England and scored almost a run-a-ball 64 against South Africa.
- As Steve Smith entered The Rose Bowl in Southampton, he was booed by the crowd. But, he finished on a great note scoring 116 runs from 102 balls which made the difference between both the teams. In fact, he registered scores of 89* and 91* in the last two games for Australia XI against New Zealand XI.
- Returning to the Sri Lankan ODI side after a while, Dimuth Karunaratne has started off on a great note with the bat. He accrued 77 runs against Scotland and followed this up with 87 in the practice game against South Africa.
- After being rested against England, Glenn Maxwell is likely to return for the next encounter. He scored 52 and 70 runs in the two games for Australia XI and was unbeaten on 18 against Windies.
- In the wicketkeeper’s category, Kusal Mendis could be your best pick and He did well in the two games in England and looked quite positive. Mendis scored 66 and 37 runs in the last two matches.
5 Fantasy Websites Where I Prefer to play- Click Here
- BalleBaazi – Click Here
- Fantain – Click Here
- My11Circle – Click Here
- Fantasy Power 11 – Click Here
- HalaPlay – Click Here
Aus vs SL Fantasy Cricket Team:
While selecting your team, consider the points and make your own decision and make sure to edit the team if there is some change after the toss when playing xi is announced.