The world of cricket has been owned by the legendary Sachin Tendulkar. And hence the responsibilities of taking the legacy forward lies on the shoulders of Arjun Tendulkar. The expectations and comparisons have already started. He has got the real talent and guidance, but the rest depends on his own hard work and dedication. Being a teenager he is all dedicated to cricket and working hard in order to get his steps into the world of cricket.
Here are some important facts about Arjun Tendulkar:
1. Personal details:
|Full name||Arjun Sachin Tendulkar|
|Father’s name||Sachin Tendulkar (Cricketer)|
|Mother’s name||Anjali Tendulkar (Doctor)|
|Siblings||Sara Tendulkar (Sister)|
|Birth place||Mumbai, India|
|Age (till 2020)||21 years|
|Education||Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai|
2. Physical statistics:
|Height (approx.)||6 feet 3 inches (191 cms)|
|Weight (approx.)||80 kgs (176 lbs)|
|Chest measurement (approx.)||36 inches|
|Waist measurement (approx.)||30 inches|
|Biceps measurement (approx.)||13 inches|
|Batting style||Left-handed batsman|
|Bowling style||Left-arm fast-medium bowler|
|ODI series||Not played yet|
|Test series||Not played yet|
|T-20 series||Not played yet|
|U-19 series||India U-19 against Sri Lanka U-19 at Nondescripts Cricket club ground, Colombo (17.07.2018)|
|Playing best||Bowling allrounder|
4. Interesting facts about Arjun Tendulkar:
- Arjun is the second born of Sachin Tendulkar and Anjali Tendulkar.
- Arjun is a big fan of Mitchell Starc and Ben Stokes.
- At the age of 8, Arjun joined the Cricket Coaching club.
- He played his first match on 22.01.2010 in the U-13 tournament, Pune.
- He is a left handed batsman and left arm rest-medium bowler.
- In the initial days of practice, Arjun had 3 stress injuries.
- In November 2011, Arjun took 8 wickets for 22 runs, while playing for his school team, Dhirubhai Ambani International School against Jamnabai Narsee School.
- Arjun played his first National level match at Cadence Trophy Tournament, Pune in January 2011.
- He scored his first century in June 2012, while playing for Khar Gymkhana, Mumbai U-14 tournament against Goregaon Center at Cross Maidan.
- He was selected to play for the BCCI U-14 West zone leg tournaments, in 2014.
- Arjun has also participated in NCA residential camp held at Dharamshala.
- In 2018, at Cooch Behar trophy, U-19 tournament Arjun took 19 wickets in 5 matches for Mumbai.
- Arjun is constantly working hard to improve his bowling skills.
- He is practicing bowling with the women’s team preparing for the world cup.
- He can bowl very fast, at a speed of 135km/hour.
- Arjun is a fitness freak, he works very hard to maintain his fitness level. He follows a strict diet along with regular gym practice.
- Arjun played as India U-19 against Sri Lanka U-19 at Nondescripts Cricket club ground, Colombo on 17.07.2018 and took his first maiden wicket on an international field.
- On 18.02.2021, Arjun was selected in Mumbai Indians team, in the IPL auction for INR 20 lakhs.
This is the biography of Arjun Tendulkar. The whole nation is excited to see him playing in IPL 2021 for Mumbai Indians. Being the son of “God of Cricket”, the expectations are already very high. But it would be injustice to his hard work and dedication, if we compare him with his father. It would be good if we see him as an individual young cricketer, who is going to make his debut in IPL. Wish him a lot a success, good health and prosperity.